7.12.07

I'm Really Tired

Is it so unreasonable to want to go to bed before midnight? Is it really that unreasonable to expect the people around you to make certain "sacrifices" like listening to music with headphones when you're trying to go to sleep? I only ask out of curiosity.
On a completely different note, raise you're hand if you knew that Gloria Gaynor did a version of "How High the Moon." I didn't. It's fun and I almost want to change my interpretation to fit her's, just to prove a point to Prof. Gately. But I won't. It's more fun to be a slacker.
So the Grammy nominations were announced recently (either today or last night, I'm not sure) but Amy Winehouse was nominated in all the categories including country, rap, and soundtracks. No, that's a lie. She was just nominated for best album, best record, best song, best new artist, best pop vocal album, and best female pop vocal performance. Meanwhile Lily Allen was nominated for best alternative album which confuses me and Kanye West was nominated for a shit load of awards as well. I'm just interested to see how Ms. Winehouse does in her home country when award season comes along. Furthermore, if Once doesn't win for best "COMPILATION SOUNDTRACK ALBUM FOR A MOTION PICTURE, TELEVISION, OR OTHER VISUAL MEDIA" I'm going to go crazy. I like Across the Universe but Once is the best thing to ever happen to the world and should not lose this award. It should also win for best movie, best actor, best actress, and best song. Once should win all awards. Except the ones Kaiser Chiefs are nominated for, because they should win those. [goes a little bit more crazy than she already was]
So I missed my radio show on Wednesday because of my voice final. I was mess before the performance, a mess during the performance, and a mess after the performance which is why I skipped the radio. Things would have gone horribly wrong and I didn't really need that, so instead I relaxed in my room and watched Black Books. Yesterday was rather crappy and not just because of the weather. I spent numerous hours in Pollard aimlessly trying to find things to do while I waited for band to happen. I then used what little brain wattage I had left to input data into the music library database which was both a painful and exceedingly boring task. From there, after what was left of my brain exited my ears into a puddle, I did absolutely jack shit for the rest of the day. Then around 10:30 I decided I wanted to sleep. I slept for about a hour and then proceeded to stay up for the next two hours because the world hates me. Since then I've done jack shit. I'm in a very bad mood if you can't tell and have yet to decide what I'm going to do about it besides get myself some chocolate and go to the last class I have today. Hopefully Buzzcocks will be involved. Also I've completely forgotten how to spell. Hurrah for me.
I mean is it really so much to ask for someone to turn off their music at 1 in the morning? Honestly?

No comments: