12.1.08

Over the Hill and Through the Woods...

In accordance with the principal that Nore must take twice as long to do any given task because she must putter around doing jack shit for at least half of the day, I come bearing articles from the past few days. Most are rather hilarious and, as always, most have to do with music. One has to do with poodles.
A long while ago, while watching the tube, I heard "Conquest" for the first time. Sometime before then I had actually heard the song during a break between sets at the Muse concert, but I didn't really get that they were the same song. You see the one used in the eBay commercial was recorded by Patti Page who pioneered multi-track recording in popular music. The version I had heard at the Muse concert was a deftly done cover by the White Stripes. Well, it seems that Mr. White had a "conversation" with Ms. Page, which I think is quite cool. Anyway, I just thought this brought a nice conclusion to what I had written about sometime ago in my seminar blog, but since I don't write in that anymore, I figured I'd post the article here.
Cheese. We all know it's my favourite noun and certainly one of my favourite foods, but what place does it hold in the music world? Well, as I pointed out many years ago, Alex James, former Blur bassist, his a cheese maker. Recently he gave some to British rapper Dizzee Rascal. That's really all you have to know. Actually reading the article is pointless because trying to decipher what Dizzee is saying is quite hard and who cares really. The point is cheese.
My sister is obsessed with "Flight of the Conchords" kind of like I'm obsessed with that Yorkshire band. So, when I saw an article where the actor who plays the Conchords manager dispenses advice to two people I really dislike and one poor soul who needs to find her way, I couldn't resist. It's really funny and kind of almost not really true and good advice. So go on, read Murray's advice.
Well now that we're done with NME, let's watch some poodles be absolutely awesome.
Aaaah, poodles. Speaking of poodles, the Cribs are thinking of adding a fourth member to their trio. To be perfectly honest, I can't see it and of the suggestions put forth by Fake DIY, I can only hope it's either Kate Nash or Robochrist (whoever the hell that is.) Anyway, just something to think on.
So I head back to school tomorrow which I'm dreading. I don't want to deal with certain people and...well that's it really. Otherwise I'm not really dreading it. I don't have my books which makes me quite annoyed since I ordered them on Monday, but I'll figure all that out tomorrow. In other Nore news, I've taken to flicking off my calender when I feel like. It's semi-cathartic since it means I get to flick off the Gallagher brothers whenever I like. Also, I've watched so much NMTB that I don't think I can watch anymore. :rolls eyes: Yeah right. More Buzzcocks!

No comments: