5.8.08

Killing Me Slowly With Their Press

I know I said I wouldn't be updating that much during the next few weeks, but I'm having a "bad" day and need to vent. That's what blogs are for right?
My main complaint about today, other than the impending doom of rain, is my arch-nemesis, fanaticism. Namely fanaticism for a certain band. I think we all know which band I'm talking about (think Leeds) so I'm not going to write their name for the entire entry. Anyway, they are inadvertently ruining my day. See, back in 2007 when I decided I wouldn't allow a band to rule my life (yeah, that worked well), I unsubscribed from their email listing, because I figured unsubscribing from that and not bookmarking their website would mean I could ween myself from that particular obsession. It worked (sort of) and then I got addicted to Doctor Who. Anyway, I haven't been getting the band's newsletter's for some time, a fact that I enjoy because their updates usually just infuriated me. Until today.
I've figured out how the band got a hold of my email, but let me tell you seeing their name in my inbox just about stopped my heart. And then NME.com had some articles about them. And then NME.com said the band is planning some sort of mini-American tour. I didn't read the email and I haven't read any of the stories on NME.com, Drowned in Sound or This Is Fake DIY (which has a splashy new website.) However all of this press is killing me. Not knowing everything is killing me. However, I'm at work and if I were to read any of the above (except the email because I deleted it) I'd probably go insane. I can't go insane because I have my exit interview at 3:30. So, to summarize, a certain band from Leeds is killing me.
The only bright spot in my day has been the fact that I've totally turned a friend of mine into a DW freak, like me, without working too hard. It makes me happy on the inside.

No comments: