12.8.08

Summer/Beach Achievements

I'm currently waiting for an episode of Bones I haven't seen to download (oh yeah, totally love Bones) so I've decided to list the accomplishments of my summer/time at the beach. The beach part will be small since I've only been here two days, but that's not really the point. I mostly just want to write about my accomplishments from the summer. So onward and upwards!
  • Write half of a novel aka The archives I worked on this summer totalled 133 pages, which, if a normal novel is about 350 pages, is about half the size of a normal novel.
  • Managed to look like a human aka My skin is not the colour of neon white, which considering how that's what it has looked like since the summer before 9th grade, is quite an accomplishment.
  • Gotten obsessed with a new show aka I've started watching Bones and by the time school starts I will have seen all three seasons.
  • Gotten into an "argument" over the correct pronunciation of a snake cake aka Is it "jaffer cake" or "jaffa cake?"
  • Continued my walking regimen aka The walk from my metro station to WPFW was twenty minutes for a total of forty minutes of walking a day. I've continued doing that even though I'm at the beach. Yay exercise!
That's it for my summer achievements. I have non-neon white skin and wrote half a novel worth of show summaries. All in all not bad.
In other music news, Keane and Kaiser Chiefs are competing for my attention by releasing their third albums on the same day. Hopefully my radio show this year will still be on Mondays and Wednesdays so that on the Monday before the releases (aka October 13th) I can concentrate on playing non-KC/Keane music and then on the Wednesday after the releases (aka October 15) I'll just switch between the two albums. Also I would like to apologize to KC and Keane for anything mean I might have said about when their albums might have been coming out. Obviously I was really wrong (World release for both: October 13; American release for both:October 14th). Now we just have to wait and see what Franz Ferdinand do. (By the by Franzie poo are streaming a new song on their site and you should really listen to it. It's quite good and I'm quite excited for the new album. Can't really say that for KC though. There is rapping involved, but it's not quarky 80's rap. It's the real kind. :shivers:)

No comments: