22.11.08

A Very Happy Goat Indeed

For a very long time I believed that romance and love worked in the real world the same way it worked in books and movies and music. I'll never really let go of that belief, and it's not something I wish to let go of, but now I know better. Admittedly it was hard letting go of that belief, at least in practical terms, but now that I've let go of Cinderella I can finally embrace what I have. And it is wonderful. Awkward, frustrating and wonderful. Somehow in the past week I've been able to make the psychological leap and actually and completely believe that there is someone in this world who cares about me. He is awkward and dorky and adorable and he cares that I make it back safely to my dorm room. And it is a wonderful feeling knowing I have that in my life. It makes everything else seem superfluous. So you can see, for the first time since I started writing in this damn blog I am genuinely happy. I am a very, very, happy goat.

No comments: