8.6.09

Honey, I'm BAAAAAAAAACK

So technically speaking it's between three weeks since my last non-emo update. I do realize that's a bit of a lie (I mean when was the last time I wasn't being seriously emo? I can't remember is the correct answer), but we're going to go with that standard because if I was to be honest it's been...well it's been a very long time since I wasn't at least mildly emo. So now for some non-emo-ness, I promise.

Header 1: University of Westminster Might Actually Happen :D
So since the last proper post on this blog, I arranged a meeting with IAS and spoke with the head of the program this past Thursday. Turns out his biggest concern was the fact that I mentioned that I was depressed. Once he found out it was over a boy (yet another grown man telling me what asses men are) he wasn't so concerned. Didn't mention that I'm going into therapy partially because of said boy, nor did I mention the fact that I have SAD, but I actually know how to handle SAD so I'm not too concerned at the moment. I was mostly just really relieved to hear that Mr. Musick (I kid you not) is more than willing to step up to bat for me and seems really positive that I'll be accepted. Of course all of this means that I can now start worrying about the application process and writing 300 to 500 words about "why I wish to join the Study Abroad Programme." :sigh: My life can be so difficult at times ;)

Header 2: Dear God, I Have All This News
So in the weeks since I went on hiatus, I've been collecting news articles like a bandit. This is mostly because some really interesting news has cropped up that I wish to comment on, and even though I'm going to be recording a demo show (for U of W, don't ya know) using most of these articles, I feel I should point them out for you, my wonderful readers. So here we go:
Blur announce that they're planning US and European dates for some time in the future. While I'm not exactly "for" this whole Blur reuniting thing, if they do come to the US, I will pay exorbitant amounts of money to see them. I'm hypocritical and crazy like that.
Americans will actually get to see the Doctor Who specials before they become redundant. BBC America has finally gotten the rights to DW, which means I'll actually get to rewatch the already aired specials, and probably see the unaired ones too, before I'm fifty, which is really good. I'm also very excited about new Torchwood and all of this being aired around the same time. My brain may explode, but it will be from dorky happiness instead of sad insanity.
In another piece of Blur related news, the band will be coming out with a Blur primer for the uninitiated. I'm pretty sure I could download most, if not all, of the tracks mentioned from Zune from their original albums and have the same experience as buying the compilation. Still, it's a nice way for the timid to get to know the band while also potentially earning the band a nice chunk of change. Yay capitalism.
For some inexplicable reason, the tabloids thought that the Kaiser Chiefs were being dropped by their label. This is not true, obviously. I'm fairly certain t'Chiefs are the biggest name on the B-Unique label and dropping them would be more than idiotic. However I am very pleased to hear that Whitey is going to be a dad. I don't know why that makes me happy, but it does.
I'm not really into video games. I don't have the right kind of coordination for it. However, I love Guitar Hero and Rock Band, so we all know that I'm going to want the latest version of Guitar Hero. And not just because it has The Arctic Monkeys, Blur, Muse, Kaiser Chiefs, the Killers, and David Bowie. No I want it because it has Coldplay ;D
Speaking of the Arctic Monkeys, they're going to be releasing an album soonish. In fact it's going to be released on the second day of school (also known as August 25th.) I'm very pleased, to say the least, since it's been a really long f-ing time since they released an album and I miss being able to mercilessly mock them for being obvious award bait. That's all I can say about that really. Though I hope Sean "Puffy, whatever the hell his latest nickname is" Combs doesn't have any actual involvement. There have been rumours ya know.
Finally, the Cribs will eventually be releasing an album, in my estimation this winter, based on how long it's taken them to record the damn thing, and Ashes to Ashes has been renewed for another series/season which makes me very happy since I never want it to end.

Header 3: All the Strange Things I've Watched in the Past Month
Since I've had way too much free time on my hands since coming home from school (way, waaaaaay too much free time) I've taken it upon myself to watch some movies/shows that I feel I need to see before I die. Hence why I've watched all of Life on Mars and Logan's Run. By the way, if you've ever thought "hey, Michael York was pretty good in that Three Musketeers movie, I should watch Logan's Run", don't. It's awful and an hour too long. However it's so incredibly bad that it's good in a weird way. But still an hour too long.
Another one of the movies I've watched recently is The Shining. My dad is a huge fan of Stanley Kubrick and so I kind of automatically assumed he would love The Shining. Not so much. Mum likes and Sophs hasn't actually seen it all the way through, which I found to be kind of odd since she's the cinephile of the family. I really liked the film though, mostly because it's allowed me to introduce a new strange mannerism into my conversations: Tony (aka Danny's imaginary friend). Of all the strange and wonderfully over used imagery The Shining has given the world, I'm really surprised no one has picked up on Tony. I think that was my favourite part of the entire movie. I'm just sad I already knew all the twists and scary bits (thanks pop culture) and none of it phased me really. Except Tony. Tony was great :D

So that's it. Set lists for Cake and the White Rabbits will be up as soon as I've figured out all the song titles.

No comments: