10.8.09

Good Lord I Suck At This

:sigh: I could apologize for not updating, but that's just getting redundant isn't it? So yeah, I've been a complete loser updating this summer and for that I am sorry. Between working, yoga, kickboxing, and finding out some pretty revelatory stuff about myself/my dad, updating my blog hasn't been exactly a top priority. I have a bunch of news stories I want to share and stressers to bitch about, so I'll just get straight to those.
News! Oh the world has been semi-kind to me the past couple of weeks. First of all The Mighty Boosh came out on DVD so I have that wonderful goodness to watch whenever I want without the guilt of watching it as a downloaded thing. Also there's been news from the rock world that has amused me much. To start off with on the first night of the Green Day North American tour, Ricky broke a rib. I find this amusing largely because he'd had such a good run of not breaking anything and then bam! Breaks a rib on the first night of a tour I loathe. It's a bit self-centred I admit, but I'm a big believer in instant karma and she owes me some niceness. Also, Preston of "Preston and Chantelle" fame has admit he regrets being a big prat on NMTB. It's nice to know he'd like to go on now that Simon has left and the bitch has divorced him so that it's only pitiful career the new guest host can make fun of. And finally the former drummer for Razorlight, Andy Burrows, is joining We Are Scientists for their third album. While this doesn't replace the irreplaceable Tapper, it does prove at least one thing: Razorlight sucks ass.
So I have no clue when I'm heading back to school. I'm worried about that, facing my ex and not being able to get everything done I need to get done before classes start. It's overwhelming and my head hasn't stopped hurting since Friday. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about any of the things that are stressing me right now, or I've already done everything I can do to alleviate them to the best of my ability. I hate waiting for things to happen, especially when I know there's nothing I can do to change the course of events. Mind you I can now recognize that this hatred of change and not being in control has to do with my daddy issues (which by the way I won't get into for the sake of everyone's sanity) but it doesn't change how I'm feeling right now. Sadly, this week at the beach probably won't help to alleviate any stress I have at the moment, but oh well. If things go according to plan I'll be out of the house a week from now and back at school stressing about new things. :sigh: C'est la vie.
Edit: I heard from my GM and I'm all set to move in early. As I told my roommate, one less thing to worry about, thank god.

No comments: