14.9.09

BBC Press Release for Never Mind the Buzzcocks

BBC Two's irreverent pop quiz, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, returns to our screens this autumn with a brand new line-up.

Joining the panel this year as team captain, alongside the ever repressible Phill Jupitus, is Mighty Boosh star Noel Fielding.

Following Simon Amstell's departure after three successful years, the new series will be presented by a string of guest hosts including Alex James*, Dermot O'Leary, Jack Whitehall**, Rhod Gilbert, David Walliams***, Frank Skinner, James Corden and Mark Watson.

As ever, celebrity guests from the world of music and entertainment will join team captains Phil and Noel as the guest host each week navigates them through a number of musically based quiz rounds.

With the show's reputation for the unpredictable, guests are always primed for the occasional embarrassment and harmless ribbing as their knowledge of music is put to the test.

Noel Fielding said of joining the show: "I am so excited about Buzzcocks. I am leaping across the Camden rooftops dressed as a small white kitten."****

Never Mind The Buzzcocks will return to BBC Two from Tuesday 29 September.

*Yes, Alex James is the same Alex James I've been mocking mercilessly for the past four years. I'm ecstatic.
**He was a guest this past week on Mock the Week and if I had known he was younger than me I would have been slightly more impressed (and I was impressed to begin with.)
***He annoys me for the most part, so you can look him up yourself.
****I can actually imagine him doing that, which either says something about me or about him, I haven't decided which yet.

No comments: