13.1.10

No Bitchin' Just Op-eding

I'm deciding against bitching about the paper work that has suddenly appeared before me. I'm deciding against this because I think I've done enough complaining for now. I can complain to my sister. Instead I'm going to comment on a couple of news stories I have waiting to commented on. Up first the Kaiser Chiefs!
Nick from the Kaiser Chiefs has set up a record label. This is unsurprising if you know what Nick did between the demise of Parva (the first not as cool incarnation of the Kaiser Chiefs) and the Kaiser Chiefs. He just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who just sits and twiddles his thumbs (or actually enjoy some well deserved time off). My favourite part of the article is this though: "Kaiser Chiefs singer (and former art teacher) Ricky Wilson is also on board, and is designing a logo for the label." Mostly just the "former art teacher" bit. I'm unsurprised Ricky is involved.
I commented on a story related to the story I'm going to talk next on my radio show. Namely that Robert Zemeckis is looking to remake Yellow Submarine in 3-D. Now a cast assembled. It's a fairly interesting line up. You've got three Brits covering Paul, John, and Ringo and an American (Cary Elwes) playing George (who in my opinion probably has the hardest accent to fake). I've been against this project from the start (how do you remake such a trip fest?) but as much as I love Peter Serafinowicz as a comedian...it just doesn't feel right. I know the Beatles didn't play themselves in the original movie, but still. It doesn't feel right. Oh well, we'll see.
Finally, this list is the reason why I don't listen to American radio. Unless I absolutely have to (aka in the former-roomie's car).
I leave in two days. I doubt I'll be updating in that time, but you never know. Until then.
Edit: I found my hard drive. It was hiding under last year's calendar, not under my bed like I thought. Cheeky bugger.

No comments: