15.2.10

I CAN Talk

When I started in radio I didn't talk. I've since learned how to talk and tonight I proved that not only can I talk, but I can talk while two really cool people are looking on. This is important because I have a two hour pilot programme on Friday where I'm going to be talking quite a bit in front of many really cool people. I really think I'm worrying over nothing, but since the show is 90% of my grade and this is the one class I really, really care about, I'd like to do well. I'd also like to impress my classmates since one of them doesn't think I'm capable of doing this and I don't really know what the rest of them think of me or my capabilities as a host. I also kind of see this as test of the "skills" I've been "cultivating" for the past two and half years. If I can do this than just maybe I can make it as a real DJ.
In other news I downloaded the Courteeners' single this morning and have since downloaded Mumford and Sons' single "The Cave" which has trumpets in it which is why I like it. I swear, if a track has trumpets in it, I'll almost automatically love it. I also booked a room for Leeds, so my spring break is entirely taken care of which is good. Turns out it takes like four or five hours to get to Glasgow by train, but I'm hoping for really pretty scenery, just as I'm expecting my visit to Cardiff to be geek-tacular (go Doctor Who museum!). Finally, I really should unfollow Ricky Wilson on Twitter, it's doing my head in. It's just as bad, if not possibly worse than, being "active" in the Kaiser Chiefs livejournal community. However I probably won't because it makes me smile.
For those of you wondering how Greenwich was, it was overcast. One of the tour guides we had looked like Aaron Eckhart though, so that was pretty sweet. Aaron Eckhart with darker hair and a British accent, just imagine. But yeah, the actual time spent in Greenwich wasn't that interesting to be honest. I think there are certain tourist attractions that can only be visited once before they become really boring and Greenwich is one of them. I'd like to go back for the market though. I've become something of a market maven, now that I have a guide book and all that.
Last piece of interesting: My Vince figurine has moved from the wall next to my desk to being what I call "Protector of the Music." Basically when my Zune is charging, Vince leans up against it. Since he has guitars on his trousers, I think it's appropriate. So that's it. If I don't update before Friday, I'll definitely update either Saturday or Sunday with news on the pilot. Until then, don't panic.

No comments: