11.2.10

It's All A Bit Strange

Sad fact: Because of the Chris Moyles show I'm now following Ricky Wilson on Twitter. I'm also following Rick and Nick's new record label, which is less sad, but related. However the band has been acting really cute, or I should say Ricky has been acting really cute. First there's the NME story where he said "After a couple of months [off] we got bored,then I got really bored, then mind-numbingly bored and that's when you start thinking about the fact you want to get up and do something again." And then he said this on his Twitter feed: "I'm rediscovering blu-tack. Cheerful stuff." Granted I have to agree with him because blu-tack is what's holding up all of my wall decorations at the moment but still: Awww. Or at least that's how you react when you're a crazy person.
I also have something to confess. This whole London thing, while absolutely brilliant in many different ways, just seems kind of surreal in a way. When I'm in my room, or I'm doing something (eg class, day trips, etc.) I don't really think about how just kind of strange this whole experience is. I think it helps that I have familiar things around me (like my computer) but then again, I'm in London. I'm taking classes I would never get to take at home. I can go see a West End production for relatively really cheap and then go see a benefit concert at the Royal Albert Hall for really super cheap. It's just so strange to think about. Granted I spend most of my time not thinking about it, but every once in a while my mind drifts to the thought "I'm in London" and it all turns kind of strange. Though this is not to say that I'm complaining. I'm pretty much loving most of the minutes I'm here. I've got nearly nothing to complain about :cough:rail closures on the weekend:cough:. It's all just kind of...surreal to think about. Far less surreal when the wind is whipping about your face and making you all cold. But the thinking is weird.
The reason I'm bringing this up because at 10:20pm I can hear a track from Kate Nash's second album on XFM and I'll actually get to listen to it without any issue. And Ricky Wilson. Damn his eyes*.

*Newsbeat (my news source while I'm here) had a story on free music streaming sites and various hubbub and they started the story with Mika talking about how free streaming sites are the future. I freaked out a little bit and then realized his accent, in comparison to certain people, is kind of bland. Doesn't really change anything, but just an interesting observation.

No comments: