11.2.10

Mmmm Cider

And my general lethargy and classes end my run at updating on a more regular basis. Huzzah.
Yesterday my Art and Society class went to St. Paul's Cathedral. The last time I was there (and yes, this another one of those places I've been too before, suck it up) I was a million times more in shape, wearing brown pumps and was accompanied by my sister and grandmother. Yesterday I proved to myself, yet again, how not in shape I am, was wearing a sensible pair of walking shoes, and was with my class. The biggest between difference though between yesterday and many years ago is that I didn't make it to the top of St. Paul's because I have a huge fear of heights and no one to peer pressure me to walk up 150 grated stairs in a narrow passage way to look over a barrier that is the only difference between me and me falling 85 metres to my untimely death. I also had a meeting for my music radio class to go to, so I could comfort my slightly bruised ego with that fact. Still I made it to the Stone Gallery (where you can see outside) and got a picture of the Pickle (Gherkin), so it wasn't all bad.
In other news my spring break is all but in the bag. First week of is break will be in Cardiff and Liverpool and my third week will be in Glasgow and Leeds. I still have to book the hotel for Leeds, but then my spring break will be action packed. Also I've kind of been accepted by the hipsters in my music radio class which meant I got to have a "pub lunch" today with them after a visit to this really cool production company. It's a bit odd to be honest, but most of them are nice enough and aren't so completely annoying that spending some time with them for the next couple of weeks won't be awful. And the show's going to be pretty awesome and a lot better prepared than any of my shows have ever been. I'm really hoping I'll be able to get a copy so I can post or at least let people listen to it in some way.
As for all my other classes, they're going well. I'm in love with my law class and I wish I was as enamoured with my marketing class, but I hate when stupid people bullshit, especially on a topic I'm only vaguely interested in. Art and Society is Art and Society. What can I say, my non-music radio classes just aren't as interesting as music radio at the moment. That and planning my spring break.
So that's it really. This weekend I'm going to Greenwich with the social programme. Next week is the pilot for music radio, which...I'm slightly ambivalent about my presenting skills when I have a teacher and a bunch of semi-pros watching me. I'm fine when no one's watching but I'm not so sure when many people are watching. But enough about that. Until next time, don't panic.

No comments: