8.2.11

Playlist Poetry

[caption id="attachment_95" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="This is what happens when Nora makes a playlist"][/caption]Here is my playlist poem. There are some words that probably need to be inserted to have the poem actually make sense and admittely those last four songs don't actually make sense in the morning light* but the neat thing is, is that because of this assignment I now have the playlist for this weeks show. So here's the breakdown:
  • Glad Girl - featured on How I Met Your Mother
  • Sail - number 18 on Alt-Nation's weekly top 18
  • Rolling in the Deep - realized Adele was coming out with a new album and had a new single
  • Cecilia - featured as part of chart on HIMYM
  • The Underdog - featured on HIMYM
  • She's Not There - featured on Sunday night's episode of Glee
  • All My Friends (London Session) - mentioned in last week's show
  • We Are Golden - because it's awesome
  • New Low - featured on the Alt-Nation's weekly top 18 (I forget which number and probably won't be played on the show)
  • Heads Will Roll - featured as part of a mashup on Sunday night's episode of Glee
  • Twist and Shout - my friends mentioned it at their birthday party.
  • The Authority Song - Jimmy Eat World are playing on Wednesday.
And for those of you wondering, yes that is really how I make my playlist every week. Two parts what I've seen on TV, 1 part what's been recently released and 1 part whatever the hell I feel like. The fact that this week's playlist makes a kind of poem is just kind of icing on the cake. And I don't have to worry about making a playlist this week. Up next: Little Cthulu takes part in my Tuesday/Thursday schedule.

4 comments:

Galago said...

"Cecilia the underdog, she's not there." - I like that.

Next time you should make an infinite playlist! (I keed, I keed)

imnora said...

@Galago yeah, that line is probably my favourite as well. As for the infinite playlist, I'm sure if I worked hard and put whatever I come up with on repeat and shuffle then it will in fact be infinite ;)

cali4beach said...

love the songs "sail, rolling in the deep, and heads will roll!" :D

also, interesting poem!

The Best of DS106 | Galagon Wagon said...

[...] enjoyed Nora’s take on the Playlist Poetry assignment. There’s just something great about the line Cecilia / The [...]